Recipe: Easy and Healthy Roasted Asparagus, Mushrooms & Grape Tomatoes
Can you believe that the end of July is almost here? That means we only have a month and a few days left to enjoy the summer. Where did the days go? Hmmm… let’s see… vacation, get together, play dates, cold drinks, BBQ, no wonder that swimsuit is slowly getting smaller!
Anyway, one of the best things I enjoy every summer aside from the pool and staying outside is the availability of fresh produce. Local farmer’s markets are popping everywhere. Thus making organically grown fruits and vegetables affordably accessible.
Since most of us don’t want to be locked in the kitchen, I’m sharing with you my favorite recipe for fresh vegetables. It’s simple, delicious and very healthy too. If you are scared to use that hot oven, don’t worry, this dish can also be prepared on the grill. Just make sure to roast them on top of an aluminum foil with the sides folded a bit so that you will not lose the fresh and sweet juices.
Give this waist friendly veggies a try. I’m sure your palate and wallet will love it too.
Have a great week everyone!
2 lbs. fresh asparagus (washed and trimmed)
1 pint grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
8 oz. sliced mushrooms (I like baby Bella for its meatier taste)
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a 9 x 13 baking pan, arrange the asparagus and mushrooms.
3. Add the olive oil and lemon juice.
4. Season with salt and black pepper.
5. Toss lightly to make sure the vegetables are evenly coated with the seasonings.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 – 25 minutes or just until the asparagus is tender. Do not overcook.
7. Once the asparagus reached the tenderness that you prefer, remove the pan from the oven and add the tomatoes. Mix well.
8. Let the dish stand for at least 3 minutes before serving. The heat of the mushrooms and asparagus will slightly cook the tomatoes adding another level of flavor.
9. Serve warm.