Super Easy and Healthy Vanilla Spiced Muffins – Gluten Free, Dairy & Nut Free
We all need some kitchen short cuts. As a mom of 4 growing (and always hungry) kids, I confess there are days when I find it really hard to keep up with their food demand. Sometimes, it is due to the children’s increasing appetites. I guess those of you with teenagers can relate. Other times, I simply ran out of time. Then, there were those instances when I don’t feel like cooking at all. I’m pretty sure you know how that feels.
Before food allergies, life was a bit easier. I can pick up store made cupcakes or call for delivery. Within minutes food is done and I’m “the hero” for getting things done quickly. Well, that was before.
Now that homemade food is always the safest option (healthier too), I learned to rely on my pantry to help me go through those challenging days. I couldn’t stress enough the importance of a planned pantry. By stocking it with basic and versatile products, a good meal or treat can be ready in minutes.
These Vanilla Spiced Muffins are a good example. With just 5 ingredients these are great for breakfast, snack and even last minute party notice.
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffins tins with paper liners or silicone muffin liners.
2. In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients until well blended. Do not over mix. (I just used a spatula).
3. Fill the prepared muffin tins (about 2/3 full) with the batter.
4. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
5. Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack. You can serve it warm or if you want to put icing, cool completely before frosting.
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
Oh, one important thing. While the NeoCell collagen looks optional, if you can, don’t skip it. Not only does it makes the muffins healthier (by providing essential amino acids), it also helps keep the muffins soft and moist.
(Note: This post contains affiliate links.)