Gluten Free Shrimp Puttanesca
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil (Use the good one for better flavor)
1 2 oz. can anchovies (preferable in oil)
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1 lbs. cherry tomatoes
3 Tbs. sherry wine (you can substitute chicken or vegetable stock)
1 Tbs. capers (drained from the brine)
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. chili flakes (more if you want more heat)
1/4 lbs. uncooked shrimps (deveined and shelled)
1 Tbs. lemon juice
3 Tbs. chopped basil
1/4 cup pasta water (water used to boil the pasta)
1 lb. cooked pasta (I use gluten free of course)
1. Cook your favorite gluten free pasta. Here’s a tip to avoid it from being soggy. Reserve at least 2 cups of the pasta water for the sauce.
2. In a big pan with a medium heat, sauté the anchovies in oil until it melts or disintegrates.
3. Add the garlic, capers and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are very soft.
4. Deglaze the pan with the sherry wine. Let the alcohol evaporate for about 4 minutes.
5. Put the shrimps in the sauce and cook until it starts to turn pink (kids call it orange). Stir often to make sure it cooks evenly.
6. Add the cooked pasta.
7. Season with salt, pepper, chili flakes and lemon juice.
8. Mix well so that the sauce coats all the pasta surfaces. If it looks too dry, slowly pour 1/4 of a cup of the pasta water. Add more if you prefer.
9. Turn off the heat and sprinkle the chopped basil on top.
10. Serve hot.