Tuna and Corn Casserole – Gluten, Dairy, Nut Free
After I learned about my children’s food allergies, making casseroles was quite a challenge. As you may know or learned by now, most of the traditional soups used in casseroles are not gluten free. Not to mention loaded with preservatives and sodium.
1 (26 oz) box Dole Garden Soup Sweet Corn
4 cans (about 3 cups) canned tuna in water, drained
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup corn kernels
3 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. paprika
2 cups water
1 lb. gluten free macaroni (uncooked)
3 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbs. lemon zest
1 tsp. oil (canola, avocado or sunflower oil)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish with oil.
3. Put all the ingredients except for the lemon zest and parsley in a big bowl. Mix well.
4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish.
5. Top with the lemon zest and parsley.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 35- 40 minutes.
7. Serve hot.
(Note: I received free products from the company for this review. This however, doesn’t affect my opinions and experience using the mentioned products. Please see my full disclosure here.)