1 cup oat flour (I make my own using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats)
1/2 cup rice flour
1/3 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt (finely ground)
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/4 cup oil (I used Organic Virgin Coconut Oil)
2 Tbs. flax meal
6 Tbs. lukewarm water
1 cup sugar (I used Organic Coconut Sugar)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup non dairy milk (I used flax milk. You can also use coconut or rice milk)
1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners or grease with oil.
2. Prepare flax goo by combining the flax meal and water. Set it aside for at least 5 minutes before using.
3. In a small bowl, make “buttermilk” by adding the vinegar to the non dairy milk. Mix and set aside.
4. Except for the sugar, whisk all the dry ingredients.
5. With the mixer running, cream the oil and sugar.
6. Add the flax good and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
7. In 3 batches, alternately add the dry ingredients and non dairy “buttermilk” to the pumpkin mix.
8. Scoop into prepared muffin pan. Make sure each cavity is only 2/3 full.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Use the toothpick test — the toothpick comes out clean.
10. Let it cool in the muffin tins for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling wire rack.
11. Top with powdered sugar for a festive look.
Makes about 18 standard sized muffins.