Did you miss me? I know I have been MIA (missing in action) lately. Just can’t believe how hectic this new school year has been so far. My 5th Grader’s homework and projects aren’t helping either. Oh well! The joys of motherhood.
With such a busy schedule, I realized that I started to use my slow cooker (crock pot) more frequently. About 2-3 times a week to be exact. There’s just no way, I could do all the cooking for my food allergy family without my new BFF.
Do you enjoy using your slow cooker too? Need some recipe ideas? Well, you’re in luck. I am sharing with you today my secret Dairy Free recipe for Beef Stroganoff. Hearty, creamy and piping hot, this is real comfort food perfect for this cooler autumn weather. Best part is we don’t have to slaves in the kitchen to make it.
Whether you have company to impress or just short in time, give this recipe a shot. I’m sure you’ll love it too. Your guests will never know how easy it is. So, can you keep this a secret?
3 lbs. beef chuck cut into strips
8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms roughly chopped
2 cups beef broth
1 Tbs. sea salt
1/2 Tbs. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. chili flakes
1 14 oz. can coconut milk
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 Tbs. fresh garlic minced
1 cup chopped onions
1 tsp. mustard powder
2 pcs. dry bay leaf
1 Tbs. cornstarch (or arrowroot)
2 Tbs. cold water
2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine the broth, salt, pepper, chili flakes, thyme, garlic, nutmeg, mustard powder and bay leaf in the crock pot.
2. Add the beef stripes, onions and mushrooms. Mix well.
3. Cook on high for 5 hours.
4. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Make sure there are no lumps.
6. Pour the coconut milk and cornstarch mixture to the beef. Mix well.
7. Cook for another 1 hour on high or until the beef is tender.
8. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Great on top of pasta or rice.
Whole day method:
If you will be out the whole day, you can combine all the ingredients except the parsley in the slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low.