It’s finally here! The GFAFExpo will be back in Secaucus, New Jersey this October 15-16, 2016.
Are you excited? I’m definitely am. Not just because I’m one of their official bloggers but most importantly, this event has helped our family so much in our journey with food allergies.
As I’m preparing to write this article, I came across a post I made four years ago about the FIRST Gluten Free Allergen Free Expo here in NJ. It was written during the early stages of TheFrugalistaMOM too. Short, concise and no fancy words were used in it. Just plain and simple announcement about having a “store filled with food allergy friendly products.”
Now, on it’s fourth year, the GFAFExpo has already become a family tradition every Fall. Even the kiddos are looking forward to it. Yes, the bags of treats from over 100 exhibitors may have something to do with it. More than that though, I think the atmosphere and sense of community is very much alive in this place. As what my kids describe it “It’s the place for where all the weird eaters get to enjoy eating.”
If this is your first time attending the GFAFExpo here are some handy tips.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be walking or standing most of the time.
- Travel light. You’ll want that extra strength for samples and products to take home.
- Come early. While there are plenty of samples available, it’s also your chance to chat with the companies too. Use this opportunity.
- Bring cash. Aside from giving samples, many companies sell their products at a discount. Now is the time to stock up on your favorites.
- Be Alert! Yes, all the products are gluten free and there’s a big section for Top 8 Allergen free. Some exhibitors though are not certified. So always be cautious.
- Lastly, have Fun!
Of course, I want to make sure that we’ll get to see each other there. That’s why I’m giving away one (1) Ticket to 5 lucky TFMFriends. Just do the steps below.
Not sure if you are lucky enough to win? Then get your tickets now and instantly get 20% OFF by using the code ADVANCE . That is such an awesome discount. Plus each ticket gets you a nice goody bag. That alone is worth it.
So, will I see you in Secaucus this year? Let me. I would love to “meet up” with you.
(Note: This is a sponsored post. See my full disclosure here.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway