Gluten Free & Dairy Free Breakfast Sausage Pizza-dilla
As a mom of four, I always knew that my children were good eaters. That healthy relationship with food became really handy when we had to change our family’s diet due to their multiple food allergies. They were quite open to try new dishes and yes, my kitchen experiments.
This year though I had a big revelation. Now that they are 14, 12, 10 and 8, they are showing me what bottom less pit really meant. If you have or had teenagers, I think you know exactly what I’m talking about.
For those who have younger kids, I am referring to the huge amount of food these growing young people can consume. Funny part is that they don’t have any evidence that actually shows I keep on feeding them.
How I wish I could eat like them too and stay super slim. Oh well…
Anyway, with the rate the food is flying in our home, I need a lot to creativity to keep up with the demand.
This breakfast Pizza-dilla is not only delicious and easy to prepare, it can also be served any time of the day. It even makes a great lunch for school.
Below, I specifically included the brands I used even if this recipe isn’t sponsored. Why is that? Because with food restrictions, each product brand can produce a different result. Plus, I wanted to make it easier for you when you go grocery shopping. This recipe by the way, is free of the Top 8 Allergens – wheat/gluten, dairy, egg, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, fish and shellfish.
Lastly, here’s a little warning, we never had leftovers. So try at your own risk.
(Note: This post contains affiliate links. While no cost to you, I get commission when you make a purchase from clicking the links. This helps in maintaining this website and finding new ingredients for recipe development. Thanks for your support. See my full disclosure here.)
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 lb Italian sausage (skin removed and crumbled)
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 6pc. pack BeFree tortilla
2 cups of Rao’s Homemade Pasta Sauce Marinara
1. In medium saute pan, heat up the olive oil and saute the sausage until it is no longer pink.
2. Add the Italian seasoning. Mix well and turn off the heat.
3. Heat a big skillet or griddle.
4. Place one tortilla on top of the skillet. Then add some Daiya cheese and cooked sausage. Top with another tortilla. Cook for 3 minutes then flip. Cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Transfer the Pizza-dilla in a plate. Using a pizza cutter or kitchen shears, cut into triangles.
6. Make 2 more Pizza-dilla with the remaining tortillas, cheese and sausage.
7. Serve warm with the marinara dipping sauce.