Gluten Free Rosemary Beef & Potato Hash
Made with ground beef and diced potatoes, this easy to make recipe is healthy, yummy and budget friendly. Gluten free and food allergy friendly, it is perfect for the kids’ lunch box too. Great when served with steamed rice.
In our house, breakfast is always big. Even before the kids were diagnosed with food allergies, I wake up as early as 6 am to prepare a hot meal that includes protein (meat or fish) and carbohydrate (rice or potatoes). Jersey Rice and Italian Sausage and Vegetable Fried Rice are some of our favorites.
The practice for having a hearty breakfast was actually a part of Filipino tradition. According to my grandmother, starting the day with a big meal is essential to do all the tasks we need to do the entire day.
As a mom, having the kids eat in the morning gives me peace of mind. Even if they don’t eat their lunch (I’m sure you’ve all experienced half eaten or even untouched packed lunches), I know that none of my children will complain of being hungry, having stomach aches or even pass out in school due low blood sugar. Yes, I’m sneaky.
Since I only have approximately an hour and half each day to prepare both breakfast and five packed lunches (the husband also brings food to work), the menu must be easy to make or can be prepped ahead of time. Otherwise, the kids will not be out of the house by 7:35.
This simply beef and potato recipe only has a few ingredients. The flavor though is not compromised. Have you tried Simply Beyond Spray On Herbs yet? If not, it’s a great product to have on hand. It gives fresh rosemary flavor straight out of the can.
(This post contains affiliate links. That means if your purchase something using the links, I get a commission from Amazon. While no additional costs to you, this help in maintaining this website. Thank your support. You can read my full disclosure here.)
1 lb. ground beef
5 cups diced red potatoes (I kept the skin on)
1 tbs. olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp. Simply Beyond Organic Spray-On Herbs (Rosemary)
2 tsp. sea salt (divided)
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Arrange the potatoes on the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with 1/2 tsp. sea salt.
3. Bake the potatoes in the oven for about 25 – 40 minutes or until it is soft.
4. While the potatoes are baking, in a big saute pan, brown the ground beef.
5. Once the beef is cooked, add the garlic, onion and fresh rosemary.
6. Season the beef mixture with the remaining salt and ground black pepper.
7. Add the cooked roasted potatoes.
8. Drizzle with the spray on rosemary. Mix well.
9. Serve hot. Enjoy!