Gluten Free Vegan Carrot Cake Mini Donuts
2 Tbs. flax meal
6 Tbs. lukewarm water
3/4 cup sugar (I used Wholesome Organic Sugar )
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tsp. molasses (you can also use maple syrup)
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Chinese 5 spice powder
1 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional) This will is just for dusting after the donuts are done.
1. Preheat an electric donut maker.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flax meal and water to make a flax goo. Set aside for at least 5 minutes before using.
2. Whisk together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
3. With the help of an electric mixer, cream the oil and sugar until it is light in color.
4. Add the flax goo and molasses.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Don’t over mix.
6. Fold in the carrots.
7. Drop about 2 Tbs. of the batter on the donut maker crevices. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
8. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.