Recipe: Goya Citrus Roasted Chicken – Gluten Free
Roasting a whole chicken is one of my favorite dishes to make. Not only is it very affordable, the oven does all the hard work for me. Another big plus is that, it produces a lot of leftovers which I can use for sandwiches, salad and soups. The bones and veggies are also excellent for yummy stock.
So, when the people at Goya foods sent me the new Goya Sazonador Complete Seasoning to try, I right away planned to create a chicken recipe using it.
So what is the Sazonador Total? Well, Goya calls it “The Perfect Seasoning”. This gluten free rub (the one I have isn’t officially labelled Gluten free because the results of testing isn’t done yet), is a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, parsley, oregano, cumin and monosodium glutamate (MSG).
What do I think about the Sazonador Total?
After using it on several recipes including the Citrus Roasted Chicken below, this seasoning does gives a nice flavor to any dish. I like that it is very versatile and subtle. Unlike most seasonings I’ve tried, the Sazonador is not too salty. The spice combination was well balanced. The best part is that, it is very affordable too.
With all the benefits, it could have been a staple seasoning in my pantry. However, we are also avoiding MSG too. If only the people at Goya foods can make an MSG version. (hint) Maybe in the future they will.
In the meantime, below is the recipe for the Citrus Roasted Chicken. Hope you’ll get to enjoy it as much as my family does.
(Note: I received free products from the company for this review. This set up doesn’t have any influence on my opinions toward the product. You, my readers will always be my priority. This post contains affiliate links too. Please see my full disclosure here.)
1 whole chicken
2 clementines or 1 big orange (cut in half)
2 limes (cut in half)
5 cloves of garlic (sliced)
2 tsps. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl combine the Goya Sazonador seasoning and sea salt.
3. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime and orange around and inside the chicken.
4. Generously rub the seasoning mix inside and around the chicken.
5. Stuff the chicken with garlic slices, lime and orange halves.
6. Place the chicken in a roasting pan breast side up.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 375F and bake for 2 1/2 hours or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180-200.
8. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving dish. Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before carving.