Ham & Cheese Breakfast Roll Ups – Gluten & Dairy Free
Breakfast is always big in our house. Since it is the first meal of the day, I want to make sure that everyone gets to have their fill of carbs, protein and even vitamins. After that, they can eat crappy right? (Yeah right!)Anyway, while I was making some pancakes the other day, I was inspired to use the left over ham and Daiya shreds in the fridge. What could possible go wrong? After all, when I was still in school, I remember having those Waffles filled with salty ham and gooey cheese at the cafeteria. Ah! I know what you’re thinking when I said the C word. Well, I confess I am one of those lucky ones whose food were made from scratch by the Sisters everyday and these nuns are such great cooks.
Having said that, this simple recipe brings great childhood memories. Plus, it’s so easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time.
Your favorite Pancake batter (I used the Cherrybrook Kitchen Gluten Free Pancake & Waffle Mix)Organic Deli Ham Slices
Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds or regular shredded cheese (if not dairy free )
1. Prepare the batter. Since I used a mix, I followed the directions to make 7 pancakes.
2. Pour the batter on a hot skillet or griddle. Pancakes should be at least 4 inches in diameter.
3. Once the surface looks like it’s ready (about 2-3 minutes), place a slice of ham and flip. You will hear some sizzle.
4. Cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Transfer to a plate with a ham side up.
6. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and roll.
(Note: This post contains affiliate links. Here’s my full disclosure.)