Probiotics Just for Women +a Giveaway
(Note: I’m an official Moms Meet blogger. I received this product for free from Moms Meet to use, review and post my honest opinions. Also, I was compensated for this post. You can see my full disclosure here.)
Gut health is something I take seriously in our home. Yes, I am that weird mom who has a habit of asking my kids if they do “number 2” every single day. If that isn’t enough, I even coerce them to describe their excrement.
Gross? I know! But someone has to do it.
There’s a reason behind this gut obsession. You see, it was Child#3’s disruptive digestive system that prompted me to seek a Pediatric Gastroenterologist. This specialist was the one who ordered the blood work that changed our lives and diet forever.
After the kids were properly diagnosed with multiple food allergies and I have to change our family’s diet to comply with their restrictions, I took extra measures to help our gut’s natural healthy bacteria (also called Probiotics)
While there are many sources of probiotics such as yogurt, kimchi and kombucha, I still rely on probiotic supplements to get my daily dose.
Over the years, I tried a number of probiotic supplements. Then recently, I came across NOW foods Women’s Probiotics. What got my attention is this video that specifically mentions that the product was manufactured to help with women’s health.
What makes NOW Women’s Probiotics unique?
- It was formulated using three clinically tested probiotic strains to support women’s health through every stage of life. *
- It supports GI regularity and reduces occasional gas and bloating. *
- Contains strains that help support healthy immune function in pregnant and nursing moms.*
- The three specialized strains also support healthy, balanced immune system function in women of all ages. *
- NOW Foods is one of very few supplement companies that is using technology to verify their probiotics. This is to guarantee the identity, potency and purity of the bacterial strains.
- It is also vegetarian, vegan and gluten free. In fact, it is free of the top 8 allergens – dairy, egg, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish and wheat.
Heads up though. In their label, it is specifically mentioned that “it is produced in a facility that also processes other ingredients containing the top 8 allergens.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
What I think?
As a seasoned probiotic supplement user, I liked that the capsule size isn’t too big and easy to swallow. It also does not have any smell or after taste which is a plus.
After taking it for three weeks now, I’ve noticed that I don’t get bloated especially during the days I have my period.
During the first 2 weeks, I also noticed a change in the frequency of my bathroom trips. While, I’m one of the lucky ones who’s able to do it regularly every day, the first few days made me go twice or even thrice a day. It felt like it really cleaned my digestive track. However, it is a bit inconvenient if you tend to be outdoors most of the time.
I think the first 1-2 weeks is considered the detoxing stage. Once I hit my third week, I started to be my normal, 1 once a day self again. This time, less bloated too.
So far, I think the product can be included in my list of better probiotics I tried. If you have a relaxed week or you’ll be indoor most of the time for 5 days, this product is worth a shot.
Are you excited to try Now Women’s Probiotics? It’s currently on sale for $19.97 (regular retails for $39.99). Plus, you can get free shipping if you are an Amazon Prime Member.
Here’s another special treat. Our friends from Now Foods and Moms Meet would like to give a bottle of Now Women’s Probiotics to one lucky US based TFM reader. Simply follow the steps below to get free entries.
The giveaway will end on June 1, 2017 11:59 pm EST.
What are you waiting for?