1 bag 14oz Passion Fruit puree (I used the Goya brand from the frozen aisle)
2 cups sugar
2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any non dairy milk that you like such as rice, flax etc)
pinch of salt
1. Defrost the passion fruit puree. Usually overnight in the fridge.
2. Combine milk, puree and sugar.
3. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Place the mixture in the ice cream maker and follow your machine’s manufacturer’s instructions.
No Ice Cream Maker?
Here’s an easy version using a Blender or Food Processor
1. Combine the sugar, salt and milk.
2. Blend for 1- 2 minutes or until the sugar are well incorporated.
3. Add the frozen passion fruit puree.
4. Process until well combined. Depending on your equipment, it can be from 30 seconds to about 2 minutes.
5. The end texture is more of a soft Italian ice. You can serve it immediately. If you like a harder texture, transfer to a freezable bowl with a lid. Freeze for at least 35 minutes or until it reach your desired consistency.