Earlier this year, I was looking for an air purifier for our family room. It was to prepare of the coming spring environmental allergy season. Coincidentally, around that time, I was contacted by a company named Okaysou and they asked me if I am interested to review one of their air purifiers. Talk about right timing.
A few weeks later, I received a unit of Okaysou AirMic4s Medical Grade air purifier for free to try out. Before we continue, I want to let you know that this post also contains affiliate links. You can see my full disclosure here.
“Wow! This is cute.” was my first reaction when I opened the box. We have had several air purifiers in the past and this is first one that I think is the most compact and space saving. Yes, that’s how small it is.
While aesthetics is a factor for me to buy a product, what really matters this time are the functions and if the product delivers what it promises.
What Made Okaysou AirMic4s stand out
- Medical Grade H13 True HEPA Filter (Better than True HEPA) Designed for small to medium sized rooms (up to 300 sq. ft), AirMic4S uses medical grade filtration system to capture and reduce up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as .3 microns including dust, pollen, pet dander, pet hair, smoke, household odors and harmful gases like formaldehyde, ammonia and VOCs.
- Customized replacement filters to fit your needs – Pet Allergy Filter (traps dust, dust mites, pollen, pet hair and dander, mold spores, odor, smoke, VOCs and bacteria), Germ Defense Filter (custom antibacterial filter to further remove harmful gems, mold spores, bacteria and particles that carry viruses) Toxin Absorber Filter (effectively absorbs strong smells, air pollution, cigarette smoke, vehicle exhaust, VOCs and more) or Odor Remover Filter (powerfully reduce odors from pets, cigarettes, cigars or cooking).
- Washable pre-filter that captures pet hair and other large air particles. This makes sure that only smaller particles will reach the filter. This makes the filter last longer and work more efficiently.
- SilenceBoost Technology. Normally, the AirMic4S circulate air at 51 dB. If that is not quiet enough, there is a sleep mode which works at 24 dB. The nightlight can also be turned off or on anytime.
- Small yet powerful. Cleans a 300 sq. ft. room in 20 minutes or a 150 sq. ft. room in 13 minutes.
- USA and Canada registered 5 year warranty
- CARB certified – compliance with California’s strictest safety standards, CE, RoHS and ETL listed. 100% ozone free.
It’s been three weeks since we were ordered to stay home due to Covid-19. That meant all six of us are confined inside our condo 24/7 except for a quick grocery run by me or the hubby.
Yes, staying at home is the best defense we have against this virus. For us who manages asthma and allergies, indoor air quality around this time is also very crucial.
Aside from the usual dust and dust mites, the constant cooking and cleaning (even if I use non toxic cleaners already) emits fumes which can affect the air quality. Trees are now blooming too. Thus, every time I open the windows, a good amount of pollen enters as well.
Normally around this time, the kids are on daily allergy medications already because of constant sneezing and watery eyes. We started using the Okaysou AirMic4s about 4 weeks ago and until now, the kids haven’t felt the need to take their allergy medicines. Yes, there are some sneezing but definitely way tolerable.
When it comes to odor, I say, this air purifier helps a lot in minimizing the food smell. While it doesn’t completely remove the odor, we can really tell the difference if the air purifier is on while I’m cooking.
After using and owning several air purifiers over the years, I can say, this Okaysou AirMic4s is one of the better options in the market. For less than $90 a unit, it works really well. In fact, even better than most $200+ brands.