Recipe Box: Cajun Garlic Butter Shrimps
Child#2 is allergic to shellfish including shrimps. While she only reacts after ingestion, the rest of us who don’t have her allergy (and love seafood) chose not to eat shellfish at home as often as we want to.
In those rare occasions when it is cheaper to satisfy our cravings by cooking shellfish instead of eating out, I make sure that the dish is a treat worth remembering. Yes, this satisfaction comes really handy when doing clean up too.
Whether you are just craving or preparing to entertain a crowd, this easy to make dish is a big winner.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. While no cost to you, I would get a small commission when you make a purchase through the link. Thank you so much for your support.
- 2 lbs frozen shrimps (shelled and defrosted)
- 3 tbs. butter (I used Earth Balance soy free buttery spread to make it dairy free)
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. A Cajun Life Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat a big pan to medium low.
- To the pan, add the buttery spread, garlic and chili flakes. Saute the garlic just before it reach golden brown. Be careful not to burn the garlic or chili flakes.
- Add the shrimps. Stir every two minutes to make sure that the shrimps cook evenly.
- After 4 minutes, season with the cajun seasoning and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Once the shrimps become opaque (it takes about 8-10 minutes), turn off the heat and add the parsley.
- Mix and serve immediately.