This carrot cake loaf is a great treat to have on hand. Moist, light and subtly sweetened, it is delicious for breakfast, as a midday snack or even dessert. Because it is loaded with fresh carrots and raisins, it is healthier and guilt free too.
The holiday season is around the corner and you know what that means? Baking galore! Since it is always a challenge to find delectable, healthier version and yes gluten free or allergy friendly baked goods, this year, I teamed up with some food allergy bloggers to make things a little easier for you.
We created this Allergy-Friendly Blog Hop where each participant will share their favorite, time tested breakfast or snack recipe. Scroll to the bottom of this post to see what everyone has for you.
This top 8 allergen free Carrot Cake Loaf is one of my family’s favorite fall staples. It’s delicious as is but you can definitely add some twists to it just like my kids do. Child1 likes it with powdered sugar on top. Child2 with some chocolate hazelnut spread substitute . Child3 and Child4 with Chickpea butter and Jam. Feel free to be creative with it.
- 1 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese 5 spice powder
- 2 Tbs. flax meal
- 6 Tbs. lukewarm water
- 2 cups fresh carrots (finely minced – Use a blender or food processor)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water. Set aside for a least 5 minutes before using.
- In another bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the sugar, oil and the prepare flax goo until light and airy.
- Lower the speed of our mixer and add the carrots.
- Slowly add the dry mix to the batter in batches.
- Once the flour mix is fully incorporated (avoid over mixing), turn off the mixer and using a spatula fold in the carrots.
- Put the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after it was inserted in the middle of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and let it cook for 5 minute before removing from the pan.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Want more allergy friendly dessert ideas? Check out these yummy recipes.
Allergy-Friendly Fall Blog Hop
Hosted by Jenna | The Urben Life and Valentina | The Baking Fairy
Apple Cider Donuts by The Urben Life Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake by The Baking Fairy Vegan Chocolate Ginger Cookies by The Zestfull Top 8 Allergen Free Carrot Cake Loaf by The Frugalista Mom Vegan Pecan Bars by Messy Vegan Baker Flourless Chocolate Cookies by One Sweet Appetite Vegan Pumpkin Granola by Jess Baumgardner Pumpkin Spice Latte Rice Krispie Treats by PlantCrush Vegan & Gluten Free Pumpkin Blondies by Spabettie Paleo Almond Butter Cups by I Chews U Vegan & Gluten Free Apple Pie Pancakes by Kvetching In The Kitch Vegan Pumpkin Spice Waffles by Color Me Courtney Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes by Mrs Neil’s Vegan Meals