1 lb. Italian style Pork Sausage (sliced diagonally)
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
3 big cloves of garlic (sliced thinly)
2 cups onions (sliced in in half moons)
5 bell peppers (sliced into strips)
1/4 tsp. chili flakes (you can add more)
1/2 cup marsala wine
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt (you might use less depending on the brand of sausage and broth you are using)
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
8 cups cooked rice (steamed)
1. Pan fry the pork sausage in heated pan with olive oil. Do it in batches so that the sausage will have nice sear marks. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute the garlic, onions and bell peppers for 3- 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the Marsala wine and chicken broth. Scrape the pan to get all the brown bits incorporated in the sauce. Bring to boil.
4. Put the cooked sausage pieces back in the pan. Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
5. Lower the heat and let the dish simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Mix well and turn off the heat.
7. Put some sauce on the bottom of a casserole pan. Then arrange a nice layer of rice.
8. Top the rice with the sausage and pepper mixture. Make sure to add all the sauce.
9. Serve hot.
– Slightly frozen sausage is easier to slice. Place the sausage in the freezer for 2 hours before slicing.
– Make sure to double check the ingredient list of the sausage you are using for allergens. My favorite is the Wegmans brand because it is free of gluten, dairy and soy.
– For this recipe, I used the Sweet style sausage because my kids can’t handle the Hot/Spicy variety.
Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter
group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would
really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers