1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup rice flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt (finely ground)
2/3 cup organic cane sugar (regular white sugar will also work)
1/4 cup coconut oil (sunflower oil will also do)
1/2 cup flax milk (rice, almond or refrigerated coconut milk)
1 Tbs. flax meal
3 Tbs. lukewarm water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 Tbs. cane sugar (Turbinado sugar has bigger grains for more texture)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1. Preheat your mini donut maker.
2. Make a flax goo by combining flax meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside for at least 5 minutes before using.
3. In a big bowl, whisk the potato and tapioca starch, rice flour, sorghum flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. With an electric mixer or hand mixer, cream the oil, sugar, apple sauce and flax goo.
5. Once it’s well incorporated, add the milk and vanilla.
6. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the dry ingredients.
7. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the batter in the donut crevices.
8. Bake for 5-6 minutes.
9. Combine the sugar and cinnamon topping.
10. Once the donuts are done, immediately dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture. If most topping does not stick, let the donuts cool for about 2 minutes and lightly brush with non dairy milk before dipping in the topping mixture.