Surf Sweets: Making Treats Healthier and Allergy Safe
As I looked at my calendar today, I can’t believe our family just breezed through the month of May. While the month isn’t officially over, my children and I have already been in several school parties and events.
If you are a food allergy parent, I’m sure you know what that means – last minute notices (when you are lucky enough), unapproved food items popping out of nowhere, frustrating conversations re-explaining your child’s allergies and dealing with sad kids.
Just earlier this month, I was called to school because my 3rd grader had a big meltdown. He was crying inconsolably. Why? Apparently, a generous parent decided to surprise the kids who just finished their PARCC exams by handing out ICE CREAM SANDWICHES! “It’s just an ice cream sandwich. No big deal.” Does this sounds familiar?
While there are people who simply don’t get it, I’m thankful for those who take the time to ask for allergy safe options that are readily available.
One of my favorite treat suggestions are Surf Sweet Candies.
Here are the reasons why I highly recommend it:
- Surf Sweets has 11 different types of delicious gummy candies and jelly beans. I haven’t met a kid who doesn’t like these treats.
- All Surf Sweet candies are free of top 10 common allergens such as wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, fish and sulfites. The facility is also free of these allergens.
- It is made with organic fruit juice and sweeteners. No high fructose corn syrup.
- Fortified with your daily allowance of Vitamin C.
- Made with natural colors and flavors. No artificial dyes.
- Feingold diet approved. (A dietary program for those with ADHD, learning/behavioral issues)
- Proudly made in the US.
- The company is a member of 1% for the Planet. They donate a minimum of 1% of the sales to a number of organizations that support environmental causes. Not only do they product better products, they give back.
Surf Sweets Jelly Beans and Gummy Worms have been a staple in our home for the past three years. We’ve handed them out at parties, Halloween and even used it to decorate cakes and cupcakes. It is also great to have on hand for quick and guilt free treat not only for my kids with food allergies but for their friends as well.
So, the next time you want to give treats to a group of kids, keep Surf Sweets in mind. Not only does it make everyone smile, it also allows children with food restrictions feel included and thought of. After all, that’s what a “Treat” is all about.
Do you have a food allergy treat story to share? I’d love to hear them. Write it on the comments section below or send me a quick email.
(Note: This post is sponsored by Surf Sweets and contains affiliate link. See my full disclosure here.)